We are now seeking to hire an experienced and ambitious Communications & Public Affairs professional with previous experience of working in the healthcare sector and preferably with pharmaceutical clients.
Working with the CEOs and senior executives of the world’s leading companies, Teneo provides strategic counsel across their full range of key objectives and issues. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other global corporations.
The pharmaceutical Industry in Ireland is one of our great success stories in terms of investment, employment and innovation. Teneo recognises the opportunity to support this sector both locally and at a pan European level. In the past number of years, we have significantly grown the number of healthcare clients. Our strategy is to deepen our experience and understanding for the needs of this sector and establish a Teneo Healthcare brand to become the premier healthcare agency in Ireland.
We advise healthcare companies on a range of business priorities including market access, corporate reputation, public affairs, disease awareness, HCP communications, stakeholder mapping and engagement and digital strategy. Pharma companies are gearing up for increasing efforts towards environmental sustainability and social responsibility. Teneo continues to support this sector with our expert team that includes former government advisors, medical writers, business journalists, a GP and digital and brand development specialists with specific health sector experience
We are now seeking to hire an experienced and ambitious Communications & Public Affairs professional with previous experience of working in the healthcare sector and preferably with pharmaceutical clients. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, energetic and willing to be adaptable as our offering evolves. The individual will play a key part in the ongoing evolution of our Healthcare capabilities, leading client relationships and ensuring we deliver the highest quality service to our clients on a day-to-day basis.
- Develop a solid understanding of the client’s products, market, and industry and build sustainable relationships at senior level with-in the client business
- Demonstrate a passion and enthusiasm for their client’s business and leverage your understanding to unlock new business opportunities for Teneo
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts and trusted relationships with key stakeholders at political, HSE, Healthcare Professional bodies, Trade Associations and Patient organizations
- Develop strategic brand communications plans and disease awareness campaigns that highlight the need for public policy intervention
- Conduct patient engagement activities that mobilise and activate patients so that their voice is heard and considered in healthcare policy decision making
- Leverage Teneo digital capability to mount creative campaigns that use digital in a disruptive way and empowering patients to take their well-being into their own hands
- Support clients in building coalitions across the healthcare spectrum, politicians, healthcare professions, patients, payors, and work to shape the debate rather than react to it.
- Create a recognisable and high profile Teneo Healthcare Brand and Pan European network integration to establish One Teneo to leverage locally and globally
- Ensure the quality output and delivery of client projects on time and on budget and with regard to the codes of conduct and legislation governing the healthcare sector.
- Day to day client and internal communication and management as you progress the project according to the project plan to include cross-functional collaboration within the Teneo Group
- Protect and grow revenue through effective financial administration, including estimate generation, billing, and third-party financial administration
- Monitor and measure campaign performance on an ongoing basis post-go live in the context of campaign KPIs and report both internally and externally
- Oversee, encourage, and mentor team members to function cohesively as part of the team
Qualifications and experience:
- A relevant third level qualification in the public relations / politics/ science
- Previous experience of the health sector essential and preferability with pharma client experience
- Excellent media and influencer contacts
- Experience developing and directing campaigns
- Demonstrable experience in developing creative brand ideas
- A passion for PR, PA, media and communications
- Have an understanding and/or interest the legislative and policy formation process in Ireland.
- Outstanding leadership skills and strategic capability to operate at senior management level
- A self-starter, ability to think on your feet and make tough decisions with a desire to embrace responsibility and take ownership
- Excellent writing, media relations, organisational, and interpersonal skills
- An excellent mentor with a proven ability to develop and manage a talented team
- Excellent client-facing and presentation skills delivered with integrity
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must, coupled with personal pride in every output you deliver
- Ownership of managing projects against budget, therefore delivering profitable work
- Strong work ethic with a team player attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
What we offer:
As a leading CEO advisory firm and one of the largest Public Relations & Strategic Communications businesses in Ireland we can offer the following benefits,