Senior Communications Manager - EY
The dynamic, award winning and world class communications team at EY is looking for an exceptional PR professional to join our exciting team. We are a group of creative and highly motivated communications specialists who are proud to work for a purpose driven firm that cares deeply about building a better working world. Our tight focus is on our people, our clients and supporting communities to thrive through innovation in a complex and fast moving commercial environment. The person we want to fill this senior role will be a highly motivated, creative leader who shares our passion for thinking and acting differently. Someone who can help lead and actively contribute to the creative output of this high performing team and quickly make an impact on the business. If you think this might be you, drop what you’re doing and get in touch fast. We want to hear from you.
||Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Street, Dublin 2
|Position / Title
||Senior Communications Manager
||Brand, Marketing and Communications
||12 month Full-Time Contract
|How To Apply
To apply for this role, please visit EY Ireland Careers
For the right person this role could be career defining. The opportunity to make an impact and to catapult your future career onwards is enormous. We pride ourselves on spotting and nurturing exceptional talent for however long that person works with us. Our people are our most valuable asset. When they preform out of their skin the business feels it intensely. If you bring the right skills, are innovative, committed and creative and if you care passionately about building a better working world, the opportunities to make a real and lasting impact are abundantly here.
Your key responsibilities
- Create and implement PR and Communications plans to support key corporate campaigns, in conjunction with the Head of Communications. This will include advising different departments to ensure a consistency of approach and messaging across all materials produced
- Design and deliver external communications plans as agreed with Service Line Leaders and key growth areas of the business
- Work closely with Marketing and Business Development to ensure integrated communications across the business. Advise and recommend appropriate communications channels and tactics
- Manage engagement with external support agencies
- Proactively identify media opportunities to support the work of EY
- Manage firm wide press content - advise, review and edit content
- Manage reputational risk and issues/crisis communications, in conjunction with the Director of Communications and other business leaders
- Build relationships with key media contacts (across the island of Ireland) and proactively target news opportunities and forward features
- Working with the marketing team seek to incorporate LinkedIn and Twitter as part of communications plans.
- Build strong relationships with each of EY’s Service Lines and the heads of core functions and ensure their engagement in the planning and delivery of internal communications that support Ireland and the wider firm’s business priorities
- Design and oversee the delivery of internal communications plans as agreed with the Director of Communications and Service Line Leaders
- Plan and create both online and offline content for EY Ireland’s Managing Partner quarterly roadshows
- Oversee the delivery of internal communication campaigns across the business
- Work closely with the Communications team across UK & Ireland to ensure consistent messaging along with the management and roll-out of global programmes and campaigns
- Measure ‘business as usual’ communications and campaign effectiveness, recommending ways to build awareness and understanding of business priorities
Skills and attributes for success
- Professional, entrepreneurial, creative and collaborative mind-set
- Strong project and people management experience
- Strong analytical skills with experience organising, analysing and presenting large amounts of information or data in a creative manor
To qualify for the role you must have
- Have a minimum eight years’ experience in a high-performance, professional environment
- Excellent writing, editing, communication and presentation skills (verbal and written)
- Strong network of media contacts and experience of sophisticated media management
- Experience and a strong interest in media as well as a proven track record in this area
- Experience of building strong relationships and influencing senior business leaders and peers
- Experience of creating and executing internal and external communication strategies that support business objectives and increase employee engagement
- Experience in team management
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information with discretion
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience of working with corporate, financial, professional services or consulting organisations (in-house or agency)
- Track record of being a strong team player and lateral thinker, comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience of creating content across a range of channels e.g. video, digital
- Knowledge and experience of best practice internal communication tools
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent experience
What we look for
Passionate, committed, innovative leaders who can confidently and creatively help us tell the incredible EY story about innovation, entrepreneurship and leading with purpose.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.