|Apply by||17 August 2018|
|Position / Title||Corporate Communications Manager|
|Reporting to||Executive Director of Corporate Services|
|Contract Type||3 year Fixed Term Contract|
|How To Apply||
Pobal is a national organisation that works on behalf of Government to support communities and local agencies toward achieving social inclusion and development. In 2016, Pobal administered €428M of Government funding, through 23 programmes, to support early years care and education, community development and employment activities. In delivering its services, Pobal works with a range of government departments, state agencies and local service providers. Pobal’s work includes inputting on the design of new programmes, financial administration and governance of funding allocations, supporting quality development among service providers, development of programme and system management tools and ensuring compliance with government and legal requirements. We are accountable to a Board appointed by Government. Pobal employs over 400 staff with offices in Dublin, Monaghan, Cork, Clifden, Sligo, Galway, Kilkenny, Limerick and Letterkenny.
The Corporate Communications Manager will lead a communications function that delivers effective communications support both internally and externally across a broad range of stakeholders. They will be responsible for managing all company public relations working closely with the CEO, Director of Corporate Services and the Communications Team. They will promote Pobal’s reputation for quality services and high customer satisfaction.
- Lead and manage the communications team which has responsibility for delivering all internal and external communications activities across Pobal including, but not limited to;
- Develop and implement an internal communications strategy for promoting greater staff communication and engagement.
- Develop and implement the company communications strategy, in line with the organisations’ strategic plan.
- Develop and manage the company social media strategy.
- Develop relationships with the media and act as overall gate-keeper and co-ordinator for all media queries.
- Develop and implement a number of communications policies. - Provide communications advice and support to the Executive Management Team
- Team management, performance/staff management and development.
- Manage the remit of the Communications unit to ensure a sustainable caseload for both the unit and individual officers of the unit.
- Allocate work and ensure effective relationships in a team-working context.
- Provide quality assurance on the content of Parliamentary Questions, where required.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with best practice, are well documented and communicated to others.
- Implement agreed changes in a co-operative and supportive manner, finding innovative ways to deliver service improvements within resource limitations.
- At least 5 years’ experience of working in a busy Public Relations or Communications role.
- Experience in internal communications and specifically organisation engagement and change management.
- Experience in developing and implementing external communications programmes.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly to a range of stakeholders.
- A very strong understanding, experience of and commitment to social inclusion issues and the contribution of the community and voluntary sector to local development, inclusion, equality and reconciliation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Irish political system.
- Proficient in MS packages e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
Relevant third level qualification (e.g. Degree or Masters), or equivalent gained in Public Relations, Communications or near related field is essential.