Communications Officer (Clerical Officer)
The Medical Council is seeking to appoint an ambitious and enthusiastic person to the role of Communications Officer at Clerical Officer grade to assist the Medical Council in carrying out its vital work of protecting patients and supporting doctors.
||Kingram House, Kingram Place, Dublin 2
||20 June 2019
|Position / Title
||Head of Communications
|How To Apply
About the Role:
This person will:
- Report directly to the Head of Communications and / or his nominee on all matters pertaining to the Communications function
- Develop communications materials for use on the Medical Council website, newsletters and other communications activity
- Be involved in the development of publications and written reports, including writing and proof reading
- Provide digital communications support including website and social media support as required
- Support communications activities such as event management and stakeholder engagement
- Monitor media and social media and prepare the daily media book
- Arrange, schedule and support meetings
- Support the administrative functions within the section
- Support stakeholder engagement activities
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise tasks effectively
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
A third level qualification in communications, digital marketing, design, multimedia, journalism, marketing, public relations or other related field is essential.
At least one years’ experience working in a communications, marketing, or similar environment is required.
Relevant experience in a similar role within a professional body, a health service provider or similar organisation is desirable.
Salary will be determined in line with the following scales:
€23,107 to €36,836 with LS1 €38,131 and LS2 €38,724 less statutory deductions.
1After 3 years satisfactory service at the maximum
2After 6 years satisfactory service at the maximum
- The postholder will be based in the Medical Council’s offices in Kingram House, Kingram Place, Dublin 2 but may be required to work at an alternative location within Ireland at the Council’s discretion without additional compensation.
- Due to limited spaces, parking is not guaranteed with priority given to Council members.
- Employment is on a full time basis. The hours of duty will be based on a 37 hour week Monday to Friday.
- Employees are required to be flexible in their position in line with the Council’s mobility policy.
- Due to the specific nature of this role the post holder may be required to work outside of the core hours listed above.
- Staff may be required to travel as part of the role and outside of the core hours listed above.
- The Medical Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday June 26th 2019.
Please submit a covering letter outlining your experience and interest in the role, along with a copy of your CV to:
Medical Council of Ireland
T. 01 498 3188