Our Project Communications business has a vacancy for an experienced communications or marketing professional, with account management experience and an Agency / Consultancy background, ideally with a STEM background or a working knowledge of infrastructure / environmental sustainability
RPS has a vacancy for a Communications Consultant to join our Project Communications team. The successful candidate will work with our clients devising and implementing communications campaigns for public and semi-state projects including in the areas of water, wastewater, flooding, energy, climate change and transport.
- Supporting delivery of infrastructure projects for our clients, including devising and implementing communications strategies; delivering public consultations; generating media coverage; producing publishable reports and articles; developing project websites, videos, social media strategies; account management; and representing clients at public open days and stakeholder meetings.
- Leading and co-ordinating the communications campaign for an international sustainability programme, including managing budgets and external suppliers, generating international media coverage, detailed reporting, presenting at events across Europe and producing brochures/leaflets.
- Working as part of a team and taking responsibility for projects to realise our clients’ vision and communications objectives.
- Contributing to business development and tendering activity.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Preferably 5-7 years’ relevant professional experience in Ireland / the EU.
- Proven experience of delivering projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Proven account management experience including client reporting and financial management.
- Client and stakeholder relationship management.
- Demonstrable experience of devising and implementing successful communications strategies, including developing communications collateral, media and social media campaigns and event management.
- Consulting / Agency experience is essential.
- Public affairs knowledge and experience in Ireland and Brussels advantageous.
- Highly organised and efficient, with strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to work on their own initiative; as part of a collaborative team; and able to supervise project teams.
- Commercially focused including strong account management and business development skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- A flexible and willing approach to travel and work in other offices locations including willingness to travel to Brussels / other EU cities (6-8 times per year).
- Excellent storytelling skills with the proven ability to make complex information accessible and relevant to a wide range of audiences.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Fluency in another EU language beneficial.
- Appreciation of European current affairs; and understanding of the environment, climate change, renewable energy and water sectors.
At RPS, we are a recognised leader in multidisciplinary engineering, environmental, project communications and project management consultancy. We are 5,600 professional consultants and service providers with deep expertise in things that matter. We define, design and manage projects in the property, energy, transport, water, defence and security and resources sectors across 125 countries. In Ireland, we employ 600 of the most talented, high-performing professionals in the industry.