Client Executive - Public Affairs - Drury Porter Novelli
Drury | Porter Novelli’s public affairs practice is a leader in the Irish market. We advise a variety of clients on Irish and European public policy issues and help them achieve better outcomes, whether that is capitalising on legislative developments or mitigating a policy risk. We advise senior executives across a range of sectors, from technology to pharma to financial services to not-for-profits, on their engagement with the Irish Government, local authorities, civil service and European institutions and regularly design and implement strategies to effect policy change.
||Drury | Porter Novelli
||17a Gilford Road Sandymount Dublin 4
||17 October 2019
|Position / Title
||Client Executive – Public Affairs
||Public Affairs Lead
|How To Apply
Our experienced public affairs team have worked at the highest levels of Government and politics and have a deep understanding of the trends, factors and stakeholders affecting the public policy environment. Our offering also includes political monitoring, expert advice and operational support for public information campaigns, public consultations and Oireachtas committee appearances.
Drury | Porter Novelli is seeking to fill an exciting new role spanning the remit of public affairs and corporate public relations. The successful candidate will work as part of a strong public affairs team but will also have a role in supporting client’s corporate communications needs.
The ideal candidate will ideally have at least one year’s professional experience. Three key areas of professional interest underpin this role:
- A strong understanding and interest in the Irish political system; government, Oireachtas, public service and local authority systems
- An interest in learning and developing his/her skills in a busy and fast moving working environment
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the corporate and media landscape in Ireland.
- Assist in devising public affairs and public relations strategies and activity plans and implement these in accordance with client requirements.
- Conduct research on client sectors and specific client-related issues.
- Contribute creatively to social media and digital initiatives and campaigns.
- Support colleagues in stakeholder mapping, prioritisation and engagement planning.
- Respond to tasks in a timely manner and achieve speedy turnaround times with a focus on attention to detail and consistency in delivery.
- Possess strong writing ability and capacity to produce compelling content for use in media statements and online materials.
- Initiate pitch calls to key media and show initiative and creativity in achieving placement of client products / services / stories within the media.
- Develop relations with the media to enhance both knowledge and standing within the sector.
- Maintain positive working relations with clients through regular communication, meetings and reporting and managing clients’ expectations to ensure best possible outcomes.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant third level degree qualification required
- Evidence of an ability to research public policy, in depth and at speed
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Political or public service experience
- Project management experience
- Industry knowledge including exposure to media with practical experience (1-2 years)
Drury | Porter Novelli is a member of the Porter Novelli network, one of the world’s leading global public relations networks. For more information, visit www.drurypn.ie
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17th October 2019 @ 5pm