Alumni Relations Officer - Trinity Development & Alumni
Trinity Development & Alumni, the primary fundraising agency of Trinity College Dublin, is looking to recruit an Alumni Relations Officer. This is a unique opportunity to play a leading role as Trinity College Dublin embarks on its first philanthropic campaign, Inspiring Generations, in over 400 years. You will be part of a dynamic team as the University undertakes the most ambitious campaign ever undertaken on the island of Ireland and the fourth largest in Europe.
As a member of the Alumni and Supporter Relations team, you will have a key role delivering on our vision that our 140,000 alumni across 158 countries continue to benefit from a lifelong relationship with the institution; and are inspired to volunteer time and expertise to advance the University’s global impact. www.tcd.ie/campaign
||Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA)
||Trinity College Dublin, Dublin 2
||24 May 2019
|Position / Title
||Alumni Relations Officer
||Trinity Development & Alumni
||Director of Alumni & Supporter Relations
||One-year contract (maternity leave); Full-time
|How To Apply
Closing date is noon on Friday 24 May 2019. Application to tda.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs
As an Alumni Relations Officer you will identify and deliver engagement opportunities to build lifelong relationships with alumni with a focus on the University’s Connects programme supporting professional development for alumni and students. You will also support alumni relations activity and volunteer engagement across the University.
Closing date is noon on Friday, 24 May 2019. Application to tda.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs
The responsibilities specified below are not intended to be exclusive or restrictive and flexibility in the allocation of specific duties will be required. As the Alumni Relations Officer, you will:
- Manage the University’s Alumni to Student Mentoring Programme including,
- the delivery of a suite of on-campus mentoring events,
- recruiting, training, stewarding mentoring and professional network volunteers
- Oversee Trinity Alumni Online, the University’s mentoring and networking platform.
- Collaborate with the university’s Careers Service by engaging alumni volunteers to support student professional development.
- Support the Trinity Business Alumni’s engagement with alumni and the delivery of their targeted events and communications.
- Develop Alumni Professional Networks across the University including Innovation & Entrepreneurship, STEM, Law, and the Arts & Humanities.
- Coordinate and support alumni relations programmes across the University working with Schools, College groups and students.
- Collaborate with colleagues across TDA to identify and maximise engagement opportunities for alumni.
- Work with TDA teams in delivering the respective goals of Trinity College, in particular the Inspiring Generations goal of securing 150,000 volunteer hours over the life of the Campaign.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned from time to time by line manager.
There will be a requirement to engage proactively with a wide range of stakeholders including College personnel and external stakeholders such as donors, alumni, volunteers and friends of the University.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- Applicants should be educated to degree level.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in alumni relations or comparable field where stakeholder engagement, communications, and event management were the key components.
- Demonstrable programme management experience.
- Excellent computer skills - MS Office packages (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Experience with customer relationship management databases is desired.
- Excellent networker with demonstrable experience of building relationships and establishing networks with volunteers, supporters and key stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrable ability to display diplomacy and build good relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication with an eye for detail.
- Diligent, organised and experience of managing multiple projects with tight timelines.
- Motivated, innovative and enjoys working in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Understanding of, and passion for, the role and value of a university in society.
- Salary will reflect the nature of the job and the experience of the candidate.
- TDA defined contribution pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Access to Trinity College Dublin library and Trinity Sports Centre.
- Office hours 9am-5pm. The scope of the job may require travel and attendance at evening events.
About Trinity Development & Alumni
Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA) is the primary fundraising agency for Trinity College Dublin. It is responsible for supporting Trinity’s ambitious educational, research and outreach programmes.
We maintain the University’s connection with its 140,000 alumni in 158 countries with over 70 branches and have been instrumental in raising funds in excess of €280 million since its establishment in 1994.
Trinity Development & Alumni (TDA), is the operating entity of Trinity Foundation, an independent charitable trust that supports Trinity’s mission through alumni support and engagement, and philanthropic fundraising.