Account Manager - O’Brien PR and Marketing
Have you a passion for public relations and working with some of the biggest fashion, travel and lifestyle brands in Ireland? Are you looking to take the next step in your career and develop more skills, take on more responsibilities and thrive as part of a hard-working and growing team in an exciting environment?
If so, the ideal opportunity has opened up for a new Account Manager at O’Brien PR, located in Tougher’s Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co. Kildare. The successful candidate will be commercially minded and have a desire to develop a career in public relations and communications.
The opportunity has arisen for a full-time employee to join our team on a permanent basis.
||O’Brien PR and Marketing
||Moorefield Business Centre Moorefield Road Newbridge Co. Kildare
||27 April 2018
|Position / Title
|How To Apply
Closing date for applications is Friday, 27th April 2018
WHO ARE WE?
O’Brien PR consists of a team of committed individuals who excel in different areas of public relations and event management. We have both international and Irish clients, ranging from luxury travel brands to indigenous Irish homeware. We also deal with numerous luxury hotels in Ireland and clients from the horseracing industry.
The major events that are organised by O’Brien PR on a yearly basis include the Dubai Duty Free Irish Open, the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby, the Dublin Arabic Film Festival, the ETBI annual conference, along with various events for all of our clients.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILTIES
• Creating plans and strategies for clients in conjunction with the Managing Director and overseeing the implementation of same.
• Pitching and placing stories with key media including writing all press material, presenter notes for broadcast interviews, client fact sheets etc.
• Organising logistics for large events including creating guest lists, overseeing the complete schedule of the event and managing all third-party suppliers.
• Contributing towards the marketing activity and business development of O’Brien PR Ltd.
• Enthusiastic and committed to developing new skills, while bringing their own vibrancy and personality to the role
• Degree or diploma in PR or related discipline.
• Minimum 4 years’ prior experience working with a Public Relations agency.
• Experience working within a team with the ability to work independently and direct others.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Solid working understanding of social and digital media. Must have great contacts and knowledge of influencers, bloggers etc.
• Strong knowledge of traditional media and what makes for a good story
• Excellent media contacts across traditional and new media
• Must have a thorough knowledge of full Microsoft Suite, particularly Word and Excel.
• Strong attention to detail, highly organised and ability to think creatively.
• We are looking for a team player with great interpersonal skills, who is calm under pressure and self-motivated.
Salary scale will be commensurate with experience.