Principal Stakeholder Engagement & Communications Professional - Jacobs
The sustained growth of our Dublin office requires a Principal Stakeholder Engagement & Communications Professional to work on an increasing portfolio of projects.
||Merrion Road, Dublin 4
||21 December 2018
|Position / Title
||Principal Stakeholder Engagement & Communications Professional
||Stakeholder Engagement and Communications
||Stakeholder Engagement and Communications Director
||Permanent, full time
|How To Apply
Candidates can apply by clicking on the following link here
The main purpose of the role is to support the delivery of comprehensive and innovative communications, public consultation and stakeholder engagement across the full portfolio of high profile infrastructure projects including the new urban metro service MetroLink in Dublin and the Water Supply Project, Eastern & Midlands Region, among others. This is a permanent full-time position.
As an experienced professional with a track record of delivering successful engagement and consultation projects, from a variety of industries, you will be a champion for best practice and work with the communications team to deliver projects across Jacobs’ communications and engagement portfolio. This will include delivering regional engagement and public consultation programmes targeting the media, general public, communities and businesses, elected representatives and statutory stakeholders to support the delivery of complex infrastructure projects.
You will have the ability to produce high quality communications materials and be adept at communicating complex technical information in a clear, easy to understand manner to a range of interested parties.
This requires highly developed skills in interacting with people at all levels and building strong relationships, both internally and externally. We need to be confident that you can manage relationships no matter how easy or challenging they become. You will need to be organised, diplomatic, and able to turn potentially tricky situations into positive ones.
The role will include:
- Supporting the Stakeholder Engagement & Communications team by proactively engaging with community groups, businesses and other stakeholders, face-to-face and on the phone, on a day to day basis;
- Producing high quality editorial copy, press releases, reports, publications and engagement supporting materials;
- Producing communications strategies and action plans;
- Development of bespoke communications collateral to support stakeholder engagement and public consultations;
- Planning and implementing public consultations, and supporting the review, analysis and reporting of stakeholder submissions received during the process;
- Client management and assisting in providing strategic advice to the client;
- Event management (some evening/weekend working may be required);
- Liaison across various organisations/functions;
- Preparing and delivering presentations to large groups; and
- Managing a Stakeholder Database.
- Experience working across a broad range of engagement disciplines, including events, public meetings, communications, consultation and reputation management;
- Outstanding written and verbal skills;
- Excellent organisational and time management skills;
- Great client management experience, with the ability to foster strong client and stakeholder relationships;
- An understanding and experience of working with the media is desirable;
- An understanding and experience of working in Public Affairs is desirable;
- The ability to grasp complex subjects quickly;
- The tenacity to see work through to completion whilst adhering to high standards; and
- Fully comfortable presenting to large organisations, and working in competitive and pressurised environments where a cool head is required.
- A degree or equivalent qualification in communications, public relations or similar discipline;
- Relevant work experience (minimum 5 years) which demonstrates applied knowledge of communications and/or engagement;
- Relevant work experience in a communications or engagement role;
- Knowledge of delivering communications programmes for large-scale infrastructure projects with particular attention to the statutory obligations regarding communication and the planning process; and
- Understanding how to apply consultation law and best practice to specific projects.