Part Time Communications Officer - HAIL
HAIL (Housing Association for Integrated Living) is an Approved Housing Body with a strong reputation in providing both quality housing and floating support services to people with mental health difficulties in their own homes across Dublin, Kildare, Portlaoise and Louth. We currently manage over 350 tenancies.
HAIL’s vision is to be the provider of choice for housing and support for people with mental health difficulties, enabling them to achieve and sustain independent living in the community by having secure, quality, affordable accommodation with appropriate support services tailored to their needs.
||Housing Association for Integrated Living (HAIL)
||2nd Floor, Central Hotel Chambers, 7 – 9 Dame Court, Dublin 2 DO2X452
||13 February 2019
|Position / Title
||Part Time Communications Officer
||This is a part-time post for 17.5 hours over 3 days
|How To Apply
This role is primarily to assist the CEO and Senior Management Team in delivering on the objectives of HAIL's Strategic Plan with a focus on Communications and PR. The role will lead on the development and implementation of all communication activities for the organisation.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Keep up to date HAIL’s Communication Strategy and Crisis Management Plan.
- Work with colleagues in developing and managing the content of publications such as the Annual Report, HAIL’s newsletter and other branding materials, from initial concept through to production and distribution.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with broadcast and print media, in order to raise HAIL’s profile and expand its media attention in a manner that respects the privacy of HAIL’s tenants and clients.
- Develop and maintain HAIL’s online presence via the website and various social media platforms, to ensure fidelity to HAIL’s strategic objectives.
- Liaise with the media, draft and issue press releases as required.
- Represent HAIL at relevant events and in press, radio etc;
- Oversee HAIL’s branding and ensure consistency of the use of the brand.
- Lead the internal staff communications group and manage internal communications including quarterly staff newsletter.
- Keep a breast of policy themes and trends affecting those HAIL work with.
- Monitoring and evaluating all communications activity, reporting evidence of impact and making recommendations for future work.
- Support HAIL tenants and clients to tell their stories to the media through training and mentoring.
- Identifying spokespersons within the organisation when needed and prepping them before interviews.
- In conjunction with all services within HAIL develop and maintain a list of stakeholders and other personnel, who are relevant to HAIL’s strategic objectives.
- Take a lead role and support other staff in the development of HAIL’s core communications message (to external agencies).
- Proactively create opportunities to promote HAIL.
- Work with and support other staff, in their communications with external agencies, as required.
- Manage organisational events that involve the celebration and/or promotion of the work of HAIL
- Maintain a library system for press cuttings, tenants and clients stories, photos etc;.
- To undertake such other duties as might be reasonably assigned from time to time in consultation with your Manager.
Person Specification - Key requirements for this post are;
Qualifications (University & Other College/Course Qualifications)
A relevant third level qualification in communications, journalism, PR or equivalent field
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
The Applicant must have proficient experience, knowledge and skills in the following areas to be deemed suitable for this position.
- At least three years relevant work experience in the area of communications;
- Good knowledge of the not for profit sector. It would be desirable to have experience working in a housing and/or mental health environment;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, energetic and results driven;
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other staff;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Experience in working on campaigns using traditional and digital marketing tactics;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent IT skills with experience developing websites and social networking for organisational objectives;
- Experience in evaluating communications activity and reporting evidence of impact;
- Ability to monitor and respond to changes in the sector, and maximise new opportunities;
- Creativity and an ability to generate engaging communication messages;
- Experience in a growing and changing organisation.
Full clean Irish driving license is required.
The Salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisation’s salary scale.
The annualised salary scale is €35,026 - €43,743. The salary for this post is €17,513 - €21,871 for contracted 17.5 hours.
10 point incremental scale
Payable Monthly paid in arrears.
Payable on 26th of the month by Credit Transfer
HAIL is an equal opportunities employer.