Marketing and Communications Officer - Foróige
Foróige have a position for a dynamic, experienced and innovative Marketing and Communications Officer. This role, which is part of the Marketing and Communications Team, is focused on optimising awareness of, and engagement with, Foróige amongst a wide range of target audiences including young people, volunteers, communities, policy makers and funders. The role is based in Foróige Head Office, Block 12D, Joyce Way, Park West, Dublin 12
||Foróige, Block 12D, Joyce Way, Park West, Dublin 12
||23 September 2019
|Position / Title
||Marketing and Communications Officer
||Marketing and Communications Department
||Head of Marketing, Communications and External Relations
|How To Apply
Foróige is an independent, non-profit national voluntary youth organisation engaged in out-of-school youth development and education. The organisation enables young people to involve themselves consciously and actively in their own development and the development of society. Foróige employs over 400 staff and involves thousands of volunteers in the creation and delivery of high quality services to young people through the operation of over 600 Foróige Clubs, the Big Brother Big Sister Programme and over 140 General Youth Services and Special Projects. These community-based and community-supported initiatives are run throughout the country, in rural and urban environments, and generally in partnership with various voluntary and statutory agencies. The organisation is a registered charity and is supported by a combination of statutory, philanthropic and corporate funding. Foróige is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of Equality of Opportunity in its employment practices.
About the Role
This role is part of the Foróige Marketing and Communications Team. In Foróige, Marketing and Communications is focused on optimising awareness of and engagement with Foróige amongst a wide range of target audiences including young people, volunteers, communities, policy makers and funders.
In Foróige, Marketing and Communications consists of:
- Media Relations and Publicity
- Brand Management and Corporate Identity
- Reputation Management
- Internal Communications
- Digital Communications
- Event Management
- Campaign Management
- Public Affairs
Currently the Marketing and Communications Team is made up of the Head of Marketing, Communications and External Relations, along with two Digital Communications Officers. We have a vacancy for a dynamic, experienced and innovative Marketing and Communications Officer on the team.
The duties of the Marketing and Communications Officer shall be notified by the Organisation’s National Executive and/or its Chief Executive or nominee. These duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Identification and packaging of compelling media stories to promote the work of Foróige through the media and other channels, in line with the organisation’s priorities.
- Writing and distribution of press releases; briefing & preparation of spokespeople; and co-ordination of arrangements for media interviews, promotional opportunities and photocalls.
- Building on existing and developing new relationships with the media, key decision makers and other important stakeholders to create a greater understanding of the role of Foróige in Irish society
- Advising and supporting Foróige staff and volunteers on marketing and communications matters.
- Maintaining a strong brand identity for Foróige and contributing to the future development of the Foróige Brand in line with the organisation’s priorities.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships to support brand compliance and adherence to brand guidelines throughout the organisation.
- Planning and delivery of large scale National events in co-operation with internal and external partners.
- Actively pursuing all promotional opportunities provided by Foróige events nationwide and the work of the organisation in general.
- Working with internal stakeholders to generate new ideas for promoting the organisation; to develop and distribute innovative promotional material and to facilitate the production of branded merchandise as appropriate.
- Working with internal stakeholders to facilitate the production of professional quality Foróige publications (including the organisation’s annual report), newsletters and resources.
- Design and print management ensuring all publications are of a professional standard, are kept within brand guidelines and acknowledge relevant partners/sponsors.
- Maintain, regularly update and improve the Foróige staff portal.
- Providing information on the work of the organisation and relevant youth affairs issues to internal stakeholders through the staff and volunteer portals.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
Professional Qualifications and Experience E=Essential; D=Desirable
- Education to National Diploma or Degree standard in relevant discipline (note: candidates with exceptional, relevant work experience may also be considered in lieu of degree qualifications). (E)
- A minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in marketing, communications or a closely related field. (E)
- Access to car and full driving licence. (E)
- Experience in media relations with extensive knowledge of the Irish media landscape and established media relationships. (E)
- Experience in large scale event management. (E)
- Experience of brand management. (D)
- Experience in internal communications. (D)
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrates strong creative capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive and use own initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Requirements of all Foróige Staff
- Commitment to the purpose of Foróige and to work within the values, policies and procedures of the organisation.
- To act consistently in a professional manner at all times.
- To participate in regular supervision with your line manager.
- Flexibility in relation to hours of work to meet the needs of the work. Work during unsocial hours may be required.
- Identify training needs with your line manager and participate in training opportunities appropriate to the role.
- To undertake other duties as may be requested by Chief Executive Officer of Foróige or their nominee from time to time.
Additional Considerations for the Role
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical questionnaire.
As our work involves contact with young people, candidates under consideration for employment in Foróige will be subject to Garda vetting.
The successful candidate will undergo 2 reference checks before commencing employment with Foróige.
It must be understood that if the funding for the post is discontinued the post holder’s contract may be terminated.
Hours of work:
The Marketing & Communications Officer will be expected to work a minimum of 35 hours per week.The position will require flexibility in relation to working hours. It is expected that there will be some evening and some weekend work.
This will be discussed with the successful candidate upon appointment.
This post will involve domestic travel within Ireland and occasional meetings. It is also possible that that there may be some international travel. Travel and expenses will be paid in accordance with appropriate Foróige rates.
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 23rd of September.