Communications Manager - Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland
We are looking for a communications professional to join our team to deliver our internal and external communications strategy. Our members work in the property & construction sectors across a multitude of disciplines and the successful candidate will be able to develop campaigns in support of communication strategy which includes internal (i.e. membership), consumer PR, marketing, social media, and Public Affairs / PR. We are looking for someone who is ready to lead across this wide brief and coordinate the efforts across the organisation. The successful candidate does not need experience in all communication types outlined above but a desire to bring strategic focus and coordinate efforts of the Society team (including staff and volunteers) and external supports (e.g. PR agency). Development and training will be provided to help you grow and achieve your full potential in this important role.
||Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland
||38 Merrion Square, Dublin 2, D02 EV61
|Position / Title
||Policy & Communication Team
||Permanent following a 6-month probation
|How To Apply
SCSI is an equal opportunities employer.
The Society’s continued growth and improvement of service to members depends on the recruitment of highly motivated and appropriately qualified team. Fundamental to the team’s success is that the Society nurture professionalism and a strong team dynamic. We strive to provide a good working environment that encourages professional development with all the support necessary while also promoting good interpersonal and social skills. A competitive salary and training support available in addition to other benefits.
If this sounds like a role that you can develop and grow in, then we invite you to get in touch – see application process at end of this document.
Position: Communications Manager
Term: Permanent following a 6-month probation
The Communications Manager will work across the organisation to increase awareness and engagement using a range of communication channels. The role will also include leading & supporting member committees of relevancy to this brief.
- The role will be responsible for executing all internal communication related activity, including scoping and overseeing the delivery of campaigns, change programmes, employee and member engagement strategies, key announcements, employee and member communications and related events.
- Develop and drive proactive communications efforts and programming around SCSI mission and major initiatives to effectively engage our membership across Ireland.
- Actively collaborate with communications & marketing colleagues to drive an integrated approach to internal communication, leveraging the expertise in the team across media, marketing and project communications disciplines.
- Work in partnership with the business to co-develop our marketing strategy, plans and activities to drive growth.
- Lead the development of SCSI social media strategy to support engagement with members, stakeholders and potential employees.
- Empower company spokespeople with coaching, advice, and build organisational capability in relation to planning, messaging, execution and story-telling.
- Proven professional experience, internal communications experience required.
- Proven track record of collaborating and establishing good working relationships across multiple functions and business areas.
- Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, high-growth environment, and also be able to work collaboratively in a team.
- Highly collaborative in approach, with lots of energy and enthusiasm for the business and culture we are creating.
- Keen attention to detail and exceptional planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to distil complex, technical information into simple and easy to understand language.
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and able to adjust to new work structures, processes, and projects as necessary.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a high-performance professional environment.
- Experience and a strong interest in media relations.
- Experience of building strong relationships and influencing senior stakeholders and peers.
- Experience in creating internal and external communications content in a range of formats.
The Society of Chartered Surveyors Ireland, in partnership with RICS, is committed to developing standards which are delivered by our professional members in the property, land and construction sectors. We promote the profession; maintain the highest educational and professional standards; protect clients and consumers via a strict code of ethics; and provide impartial advice and guidance. We are passionate about what we do and we are committed to building and maintaining a team of able, passionate and committed people to help us achieve our vision.
SCSI is an equal opportunities employer.