Account Director - Wachsman
Wachsman is seeking an experienced and ambitious Account Director for its European Headquarters in Dublin.
||Townhouse Twenty2, Office 4 The Digital Hub, 22-23 Thomas Street Dublin 8
|Position / Title
|How To Apply
Wachsman is a leading professional services firm for the blockchain industry. Originally founded as a Public Relations agency in December 2015 by David Wachsman, Wachsman has expanded its service offerings to include Event Management and Strategic Advisory, with more than 90 team members across its New York City and Dublin offices. The firm has represented more than 100 blockchain-focused companies, including some of the largest brands in the industry.
Here at Wachsman, our culture is our foundation. We are strong believers in merit over tenure, and take pride in our team members who look forward to coming to work each and every day. Wachsman’s staff are its greatest asset.
Wachsman is seeking an experienced and ambitious Account Director for its European Headquarters in Dublin. Reporting to the Managing Director, the ideal candidate has a minimum of 6 years of successful PR agency experience, with strong strategic thinking, leadership and communications skills. An individual in this role at Wachsman is treated as a leader in the organization and will typically manage client relationships and internal teams for key accounts, oversee workflow and processes for each team, and grow accounts and new business.
We’re looking for a candidate who is driven, diligent, and confident in their ability to successfully lead teams and establish strong relationships within the industry. This role would suit an established PR professional who is looking to further develop their skills in client management, business development, and leadership. In return, we offer a very competitive salary, excellent growth opportunities and a brilliant working environment.
Duties and Aptitudes:
- Translate client business needs into communications action steps with solution-oriented focus
- Ability to provide counsel and strategy for branding, reputation management and crisis communications; embraces and understands the principles of global media relation
- Aptitude for thinking creatively and sharing effective, creative ideas with client
- Stays abreast of emerging technology and recognizes opportunities to continuously develop themselves professionally
- Demonstrates commitment to industry, agency and clients by mastering industry knowledge, trends and understanding clients’ business
- Shows ability to lead others; remains calm under pressure
- Supervisory responsibilities; identifies staffing issues and needs, adopts or creates processes, documentation, and templates to meet those needs
- Helps lead cultural values; strong, active, advocate of culture
- Instills confidence and motivates/inspires clients and colleagues
- Collaborative spirit to work towards the best outcome for clients and the agency
- Effectively resolves conflict with clients and within teams
- Actively contributes to the management of the PR agency
- Actively participates in the recruitment of agency staff
- Demonstrated ability to successfully network and outreach for agency
- Actively participates in new business development, presentations and proposals and represents Wachsman in new business meetings
The successful applicant will have:
- At least 6 years of PR agency experience
- Undergraduate degree achieved
- Experience in financial technology, B2B or corporate PR preferred
- Exceptional work ethic and motivated to excel in a fast paced environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication with a strong and clear interest in finance and technology
- Track record of securing top-tier print and broadcast coverage and experience in developing relationships with reporters
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team and strong interpersonal skills
- Pragmatic and goal oriented