This is a preview of how the document will print. Print now! Cancel
Print Email a Friend
Your gateway to a lifetime of opportunity
Continuously revised and updated by a team of accomplished public relations practitioners and academics, the PRII Diploma in Public Relations is the premier professional qualification in public relations in Ireland.
The Diploma can be studied on a full-time, part-time or distance learing basis and is designed to provide students with a detailed understanding of the theory and practice of professional communications. Suitable for those with some PR experience but without an industry-specific qualification, it can also be undertaken by those working outside the industry but who wish to bring advanced communication skills to an existing role.
The Institute is the examining body for the Diploma and, in addition to accrediting approved colleges, controls and maintains the level of quality of the syllabus. Click here to view a full listing of PRII accredited colleges offering the PRII Diploma. Students are enrolled as student members of the Institute and are automatically eligible for affiliate membership following graduation. Graduates of the Institute may use the designation Dip PR.
Course learning outcomes
The aims of the course are:
- To enable students develop a critical understanding and expertise in the academic and professional bases of public relations, and their applications
- To provide a structured curriculum which provides students with the foundation knowledge upon which they will build that detailed understanding
- To allow students become proficient in the writing of a range of material common in the practice of public relations
- To develop the ability of students to undertake credible and comprehensive public relations strategies; and
- To equip students with the knowledge and skills which will enhance their prospects for employment or continuing professional development.
On completion of the Diploma course, you will have:
- In-depth knowledge of the strategic roles and functions of public relations within organisations
- Developed a critical appreciation of the ethical and legal issues involved in PR
- The capability to describe and discuss the various elements of a PR strategy
- A critical understanding of the nature of mass media and of how to develop effective relationships with the media
- The ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in speech and writing
- An appreciation of specialist areas central to the work of the public relations practitioner
- An understanding of how business, politics, government and society interact with each other in Ireland - and of the role PR plays in the mix.
View the core syllabus and application procedure here.