This is a preview of how the document will print. Print now! Cancel
Print Email a Friend
How PR can help you
Public relations is a fundamental part of strategic business management.
That's because successful enterprises depend on a range of key relationships. If consumers are attracted by a product offered elsewhere, if investors lose confidence, or legislation constricts business operations in some way, the best product or service in the world may not survive.
Strategic, well-managed public relations set out to turn all these vital relationships into assets for the organisation.
Professional public relations advice and programme implementation can:
• Help build a positive brand/corporate reputation
• Position an organisation as the authoritative source of information on a business, subject or issue
• Introduce the market to a new product/service
• Explain the unique selling point of a product/service
• Correct mis-information about an organisation or product
• Help limit damage to the corporate reputation during and after a crisis
• Help management track developing issues so that a strategy can be put in place to communicate the company's position as and when required
• Assist management or HR departments to keep employees fully informed
• Ensure that financial institutions, investment market and shareholders are kept fully informed of the company's development
• Maintain the company's reputation as a 'preferred place to work' in the recruitment market
• Assist in keeping government, local authorities and other regulatory bodies briefed on the impacts their decisions may have on an individual sector or business
• Develop and maintain open lines of communication with local communities on, for example, plans to develop or extend a manufacturing site
• Set up, manage and leverage positive coverage from a sponsorship opportunity.