Mobile Video Storytelling for PR course with Aileen O’Meara
3 August 2017
Thanks to smartphones, video has become not just the most effective medium to communicate, but an essential skill for every PR professional. The Institute plans to host a Mobile Video Storytelling for PR course in the autumn. Over two evenings award winning TV and radio journalist Aileen O’Meara will navigate the world of mobile video making with a highly informative, practical hands-on approach that will teach participants to be confident video-makers.
Aileen will give participants the skills to structure the story of an event or interview; introduce what equipment to use; show participants how to edit and share online; and ultimately how to make quality videos.
The course is designed for anyone who works in PR, from the top down, who need to make quality videos for their clients. This course navigates the world of mobile video making with a highly informative, practical hands-on approach that teaches participants to be confident video-makers.
Trainer: Aileen O’Meara
- Optimising your phone for best quality recording: light, sound, steadiness, battery, memory.
- The essential equipment: tripod and microphone, without breaking the bank.
- Planning your video story: the four-shot formula.
- Common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Practical exercises: make a quality one-minute video interview, blog, event video, product tour, announcement.
- How to trim, edit, assemble and upload your video to social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) from your phone.
- How to add transitions, text and logos in the powerful and free YouTube Editor.
- How to set up and manage your business YouTube Channel.
- How to set up your own pop up office or home studio.
- How to present to camera.
Aileen O’Meara is an award-winning TV and radio journalist, and a former RTE Health Correspondent. She brings her extensive journalism experience and award-winning storytelling knowledge, combined with an impressive range of gadgets, to this series of lessons. She has taught her “Mobile Video Made Easy” workshops for 4 years to a wide range of journalists, PR professionals, small businesses, bloggers, teachers and more from her Dun Laoghaire base.
Times and dates of the Mobile Video Storytelling for PR course to be confirmed.