Covid-19: Resources & Information
Latest Information From Government Updated Daily Here
PERSONAL CARE & SAFETY
- Wash your hands well and often to avoid contamination
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing and discard used tissue
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Maintain Physical Distancing of at least 2 metres between yourself and others
- If you have been in contact with a person who has COVID-19, you are advised to contact HSE Live on 1850 24 1850 (HSE Live Website)
- If you are unwell with a cough, especially with respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, high temperature, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, fever) you should isolate yourself immediately and phone your GP.
- HSE Daily updates are available on the HSE website’s dedicated COVID-19 page here.
- European Centre for Disease Prevention & Control Detailed information and daily updates here.
MENTAL HEALTH & WELLBEING
- The Together resource from the Department of Health brings together practical advice on looking after mental health, coping at home, staying active, healthy eating, helping in the community and cocooning. It is available at www.gov.ie/together
- Further mental health supports can be found at www.YourMentalHealth.ie
- Contact details for the Samaritans, Pieta House, Aware, LGBT Ireland, Mental Health Ireland, USI, Childline, Jigsaw, Barnardos, Alone, Seniorline and many more can be found at the HSE website here.
BUSINESS & WORK
- LATEST: Small Business Restart Grant New Government grant for businesses with 50 employees or less and turnover under €5 million, details here.
- The Return to Work Safely Protocol Help for employers and workers to put measures in place that will prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the workplace. Jointly formulated by the Department of Business, Enterprise & Innovation, the Department of Health, the Health & Safety Authority and the HSE. You can download a copy here.
- Additional Business Supports (Announced 2 May) Details available here.
- Business Continuity Planning Checklist Now available on the Department of Business Enterprise and Innovation website here.
- Business Continuity Voucher All businesses with up to 50 employees can apply to their nearest Local Enterprise Office for the new Business Continuity Voucher. Worth up to €2,500 in third party consultancy costs — including communications support — it can be used by companies and sole traders to ‘develop short-term and long-term strategies to respond to the Covid-19 pandemic’. Further details are available on the Local Enterprise Office website here.
- Data Protection Commission Remote working data safety advice available here. They also have advice on the processing and use of personal data during the crisis here.
- Department of Foreign Affairs General & country-specific travel advice here. DFA Travelwise app also available from Google Play Store or Apple AppStore.
- Dublin Chamber Dublin Chamber“s comprehensive Covid-19 Information Zone is on their website here.
- Enterprise Ireland Have a wealth of information about business continuance on their website here. Although primarily aimed at companies who export or take their business beyond Ireland, members may find their Business Response Plan document useful. It is available to download here.
- Fáilte Ireland Business Support Hub here.
- Government Supports For Business Full details on these supports and others can be found on the Department of Business, Enterprise & Innovation website here.
- Health Protection Surveillance Centre Additional information for employers at their website here.
- Income Support Helpline From the Department of Employment Affairs & Social Protection — 1890 800 024 or (01) 248 1398 (9am-5pm). Information also available for employers and employees here.
- Sick Pay/Self-Isolation Guidance from the Workplace Relations Commission (WRC)is available here.
- Welfare Payments Latest information from the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection here.
COMMUNITY & VOLUNTEERING
- COVID-19 Action Plan to Support the Community Response From the Department of Rural and Community Development, available here. Dedicated helpdesk for registered community organisations is at Loading...
- Older People/Senior Citizens ALONE helpline is 0818 222 014; the Senior helpline is 1800 804 591
- Volunteering Information on volunteering is available at www.volunteering.ie
- RTÉ News Advice For PR & Comms practitioners on organisation of press conferences and media events here.
- Business In The Community Irish Business responses to Covid-19 here.
- Gov.ie Additional public-health posters for use in airports, surgeries, schools and higher education establishments here.
- Ibec Voices Podcast Ibec on Covid-19 available on Spotify, here.
- ICCO (International Communications Consultancy Organisation) Detailed information, guidance and links for PR & Communications practitioners here.
- ITAA The Irish travel Agents Association travel advice is here.
- Kantar Media Digest Daily e-mail summary of latest Covid-19 news — subscribe at Kantar“s website here.
- Social/Physical Distancing A series of Department of Health graphics to help you maintain distance in your premises, available in print-ready formats here.
- Taxi operator Free Now have issued safe travel guidelines for passengers using their cabs here.
- World Health Organization Detailed information about the outbreak on their website here, including daily situation updates and travel advice. WHO“s continuously updated ‘situation dashboard’ is online here.
“Let’s be careful out there…” (Sgt. Phil Esterhaus)
Thank you for your interest, this resource is available to PRII Members only. To
learn about the full range of membership benefits please click the button below.