Cannes Young PR Lions 2018 - Entry Briefing 14th February
PRII and PRCA are once again sponsoring the PR competition as part of Cannes Young Lions 2018.
The Institute of Advertising Practitioners in Ireland (IAPI) is the official Irish representative for Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity and are running 6 Young Lion competitions in 2018. That means 12 lucky people will be heading to the Cannes Lions Festival on an all expenses paid trip: full delegate pass for the week, flights and accommodation. Along with the opportunity to compete against the best young people from each country in their communications discipline.
- 14th February - Launch PR Cannes Young Lions
- 5th March - Entry deadline @ 1:00 p.m.
- 15th March - Entries are shortlisted
- 19 March (week commencing) – shortlisted teams present in person to the jury
Entrants will be asked to devise a campaign in answer to a brief set by our charity partner Suas (www.suas.ie) which works to help children develop literacy skills, giving them the tools to break generational cycles of poverty and disadvantage.
The brief will be revealed at the Cannes Young Lion Briefing Event on 14 February at 09:20am in the Odeon Cinema, Point Village.
The PR campaign should:
- connect with the charity’s brand value and have an impact (i.e increase in donations or other applicable parameters)
- increase awareness/create engagement with the public
- identify and build relations with relevant stakeholders (for e.g. journalists, opinion leaders, see brief)
- create PR supporting material applicable in relevant media channels.
This competition is open to PRII members; PRCA Member Company employees & IAPI member agencies.
Entrants must be 30 years of age or younger, born on or after 22 June 1987 and resident in Ireland.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Creativity (40% of vote) - Is there a main creative idea with a wow factor uniting the campaign tactics? Is it fresh, bold, authentic and exciting? Is it original and inspiring, or have you seen this idea before?
- Strategy & Insight (20% of vote) - Is the idea built on an insight into the target audience? Has the team shown how their strategy underpins the campaign? Did they demonstrate an understanding of the brief, audience, and other stakeholders?
- Tactics & Execution (20% of vote) - Is the proposed execution both realistic and relevant to the brand and audience? Has the team thought through how their idea plays out in the market? Is there an innovative use of modern PR tactics?
- Relevance to brief (10% of vote) - Is the idea right for this brief, the brand and its target audience?
Shortlisted entrants will be asked to present their idea in person to the jury during the week commencing 19th March.
There is an entry fee of €75 per team competitors will be able to register via the competition website after 16th February.
Find out more here.