The Role of the Oireachtas in the Budgetary Process - Public Affairs Conference, 18th May
John Paul Phelan TD, Chairman of the Select Committee on Budgetary Oversight, will speak on the evolving role of the Oireachtas in the budget process, at the half-day PRII Public Affairs Conference next week.
Weak engagement from the Oireachtas in the budgetary process has been highlighted as a major failing on the part of our parliament and major reforms in this area where promised in the aftermath of General Election 2016. One year on from that election, Deputy Phelan will share the experience of the newly formed Budgetary Oversight Committee and what changes public affairs practitioners should expect into the future.
The conference agenda will also look at:
- What is the role of the Oireachtas in the Budgetary Process?
- What are the lessons from the 2016 US elections?
- What makes a good Oireachtas Committee appearance?
- Brexit and public affairs - perspectives from London, Brussels and Dublin; and
- Transatlantic Lobbying case study.
Join us on Thursday, May 18th to hear the latest developments in public affairs practice in the aftermath of Brexit, Trump and in the world of ‘New Politics’ in Ireland, one year on.
- John Paul Phelan TD – Chairman, Select Committee on Budgetary Oversight;
- Mark Harris, Cold Spark Media (US Political and Communications Consultancy);
- John McGuinness TD;
- Lise Hand - journalist;
- Tara Buckley - RGDATA;
- Mark Glover — Newington Communications, London
- Philippe Blanchard — Brunswick Group, Brussels;
- Ciarán Conlon, MPRII — MKC Communications, Dublin
- Cork Chamber of Commerce
- Hugh O’Connell – Sunday Business Post, Conference Chair
Places are limited with only a few remaining – find out more and book here.